Reno is an X Gym online training personal training member and a keto diet fan, who also loves experimenting in the kitchen, so he came up with this recipe. I tweaked it a bit by adding cheese and then used my air fryer instead of pan-frying in coconut oil, but both ways work great.
- 1 can wild Alaskan salmon (BPA-free can please, or use cooked or smoked non-canned filets)
- 1 Tbsp relish (use a fork to get it out of the jar so the water can drain out a bit).
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp spicy mayo (I use Chosen Foods brand “Marissa” flavor)
- 3 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup pork “bread” crumbs
- Mix and mash all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork.
Form into patties about palm size.
Cook in an air fryer for 7 minutes at 370 degrees (pan fry works too, cooking until brown).
- Let cool and enjoy!
Note: this recipe can be used with any kind of ground meat or fish, including crab, so if you are Jonesin’ for low carb crab cakes, this is the ticket!
Now, how about a flab-U-lost Fish n’ Chips recipe? Click here for that!