- 1 medium sized ripe avocado, (toss the pit of course)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (or 1.5 T lemon juice) +
- 1 lemon zest (for garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 oz. sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package shirataki noodles or kelp noodles
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse Shiritaki or kelp noodles thoroughly in colander for 3-5 minutes and then boil them for 10 min on the stove.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a blender (Magic Bullet or Nutri Bullet work best). Blend until smooth.
- Now add in the avocado, basil, sun dried tomatoes, salt and blend until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain in a colander and place into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Optional: Garnish with lemon zest, black pepper and serve.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrient Breakdown coming soon…
Note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce, so eat it all up!