So delicious and nutritious! It’s Paleo, Primal, and Keto too.
See the full recipe video below. Substitutions also provided for vegan version.
- 5 slices bacon, chopped (or check out this recipe to use carrot ribbons instead)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature (or use this vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup(2-oz) shredded cheddar cheese (or use this vegan alternative)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 jalapeño peppers or 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 green onion, green part only, sliced thin
Preheat oven to 400°F (or see broil and hairdryer options below).
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon, stirring often, until brown and crispy (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool enough to cut up in pieces.
In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
Heat the cheese mixture in a microwave for 15 seconds on high (to soften it up a bit).
- Finely chop the onion and cooled bacon.
Combine cheese mixture, garlic powder, bacon pieces, onion pieces, and pepper.
Starting at the bottom of each jalapeño, carefully slice each pepper in half lengthwise, cutting through the stem. Use the tip of a small spoon to remove and discard the seeds and membranes from each pepper.
Fill each jalapeño halfway with the combined cheese mixture, about 2 teaspoons depending on pepper size. Lay the stuffed peppers cut side up on a baking sheet.
Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Broil option: If you would like a slightly browned cheese, use the broil setting instead of bake setting and check after 5 minutes. Air fryer option: Bake at 370 for 4 minutes)
Let cool to serving temperature and enjoy!