- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups any dark green vegetable
- coconut oil spray
- 7 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup percorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Cook and drain the ground beef.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add greens and cook, tossing often, until wilted and bright green (3 to 4 minutes). Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat two 12-cup mini muffin pans with spray coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Pecorino Romano, mozzarella, garlic powder and oregano. Stir in chopped greens and ground beef crumbles until evenly blended.
- Fill the muffin cups. Bake about 25 minutes or until eggs are set and golden brown.
- Loosen poppers from the pan with a spatula and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftover poppers in an airtight container and reheat in a 325°F oven until warmed (about 10 minutes).
Makes approximately 24 mini muffin-sized poppers.
Nutrient Breakdown coming soon…
Note: These are a perfect way to use up leftovers from last night’s dinner and boost your family’s breakfast nutrition with green veggies too! Easy to freeze and reheat, they also make a tasty afternoon snack!