- 4 t coconut oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths (be sure to break off the woody part)
- 2 t freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 t salt, divided
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 t xanthan gum
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften (about 7 minutes).
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk broth and xanthan gum in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrient Breakdown coming soon…