- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, sliced into thin strips
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives and a bacon strip, thinly sliced. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe calls for chopped chives, but feel free to serve with whatever fresh herbs or other toppings you have available.
Makes 2 big servings
Nutrient Breakdown coming soon…