Are you a big lasagna fan, but not a “big wide hips” fan? Here’s your solution!
Enjoy! All you want! Seriously. Keep eating. With no guilt. It’s good for you!
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise, about ¼” thick (see photo at bottom)
- 1/4 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 small tomatoes, cut up
- 16 oz. can tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp oregano
- 3 Tbsp basil
- 2 Tbsp thyme
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ¾ Cup cottage cheese or low fat Ricotta
- 20 oz. shredded mozerrella, divided in half
- 2 tsp. coconut flour
- 1 egg
- Cook zucchini until tender, drain, and set aside.
- Cook meat and onion together in a large pan until meat is brown and onions are tender and tranlucent. Drain fat.
- Add the next 8 ingredients listed above and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes to reduce.
- In small bowl, slightly beat 1 egg. Add cottage cheese, ½ of the shredded Mozzarella, and coconut flour.
- In 1.5 quart baking/roasting pan, arrange half of the meat mixture. Top with half of the zucchini and all of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake another 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Picture of sliced zucchini strips: