This page is for snack ideas, but check back often because it’s ever growing and evolving!
Here is a list of foods I found breezing through my local Safeway that would be acceptable for an emergency situation if you forgot to make your lunch or you are traveling without a kitchen handy:
- Pre-chopped veggies (and dip them in guacamole – red bell peppers are my fav).
- Pre-made garden salad with meat, cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Any organic cheese snack and string cheese.
- Valley Fresh 100% natural white chicken pouch.
- Bumble Bee chicken breast pouch or pink salmon steak pouch.
- Chicken of the Sea salmon pouch.
- “Organics” sliced turkey breast and “Organics” sliced cheese (roll them together for yummity goodness).
- Free-range organic hard-boiled eggs.
- Seaweed snacks.
- Celery or Jicima sticks with almond butter or sunflower butter.
- Organic beef jerky or another organic jerky meat (salmon, turkey, bison, etc.).
- Pepperoni sticks.
- Seeds and nuts (except cashews).
- Kale chips.
- Rythm Superfoods Cauliflower Bites (Costco).
- ParmCrisps.com (Costco).
- Keto Granola.
- Keto cookie.
The ideas on this page work well for traveling too, but the best idea is to avoid hotels and rent a condo or house if possible, so you have a kitchen to stay on track. You can find such rentals for the same price as a hotel (or cheaper) through www.vrbo.com or airbnb.com.
When eating in a restaurant, ask for grilled meat and steamed green veggies. That’s easier for the chef to make than what’s on the menu anyway, so you’re doing him/her a favor by ordering that instead! Most restaurants also make omelets or just scrambled eggs with cheese, even if it’s not breakfast time. Their salad bar often has protein sources too, like eggs, nuts, cut meat, and more, so there are plenty of options to choose from.