Remember when mom made chocolate milk for you as a kid? She probably used conventional milk (loaded with hormones and antibiotics) and used Nestle’s “Nesquik,” which has a whopping 6 g of sugar per tablespoon, but don’t fault her for it. My mom did it too. Moms just didn’t know back then how incredibly toxic that combination was.
Well now that YOU know better, here is a healthy recipe that won’t poison you or your kids. It also fights excess fat, provides CLEAN energy to burn (without hyping anyone up or causing an energy “crash” later), and will still “bring you back” to the good old days of that classic chocolate milk taste!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or unsweetened almond milk if you prefer, which tastes great too, so try both and see which you like better).
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon chocolate stevia (or up to 1 t, depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (expeller pressed coconut oil works well instead, in case you don’t have any MCT oil handy)
- dash of salt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (whey powder for a milk chocolate flavor or vegan powder for a slightly darker chocolate flavor)
- .5 cups water (this is for consistency, so if you like a thicker drink, leave this out. You can also add ice instead of water to make it even thicker yet).
Combine everything in a blender, blend until smooth, serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving.
- Each serving has _____ calories (coming soon)
- Fat: coming soon
- Carbs (net): 3 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
P.S. Notice that this recipe does NOT have any of the following ingredients found in Nesqik: SUGAR, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, CARRAGEENAN, SALT, ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS (which could represent any number of additional ingredients that they don’t have to list, conveniently making their ingredient list shorter on their packaging so you aren’t even more horrified), SPICE. VITAMINS AND MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, ASCORBIC ACID, ZINC OXIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, COPPER GLUCONATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, BIOTIN.