Really? Could it be possible to make this popular Indian flatbread without fattening starches and fast carbs? Oh heck yeah! This is Hard Bod Cafe!
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- .75 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 Tblsp cream cheese
- 2 eggs
Toppings (optional, if desired):
- 1 Tblsp garlic salt
- 1 Tblsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Place mozzarella & cream cheese in a medium sized microwaveable bowl and microwave for about 1.5 minutes. Stir to combine everything. Make sure all the cheese is melted.
- In a separate bowl, add almond meal, eggs and xanthan gum. Mix until combined.
- Add the hot cheese mixture to the almond mixture and work them to into each other (a rubber spatula works, or wetting your hands and kneading it in the bowl). Mix until you have a homogeneous dough.
- Portion dough into 4 balls and on a silpat or parchment paper, gently pat down into a flat bread (having wet hands will help from sticking to you).
- Sprinkle on optional toppings covering the dough completely.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, but check at 7 minutes, because this can bake fast in some ovens. The dough should be slightly golden (and maybe even dark at the edges).