Thanks to Reno, an X Gym online training personal training member, who came up with the Fish N’ Chips recipe, I was inspired to see if the same batter mix worked with the Jicama sticks I often get a Trader Joe’s. Well, it did and it’s delicious!
Ingredients and instructions:
- Put 1/2 cup almond flour in bowl #1
- Put 1 egg1 and 1 Tblsp water in bowl #2 and mix with a fork
- Put 1 cup pork “bread” crumbs in bowl #3
- Add .5 cup shredded cheese (I use Parmesan) to bowl #3
- Mix and mash bowl #3 with a fork to get rid of any clumps
- Coat jicama sticks in almond flour in bowl #1 (roll them around so they are coated on all sides)
- Immerse sticks in bowl #2
- Roll sticks in bowl #3 to thoroughly coat with “batter”
- Place the sticks in the air fryer and cook at 330 for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
These go great with the Yummy Tummy Ketchup recipe too!