“Burgers Done Good” by Doug
- 3 lbs. organic ground turkey
- 3 whole eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (diced into small pieces and sauteed in coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup apple (diced into very small pieces)
- 7 tbsp mango chutney (lowest sugar content possible)
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro (chopped fine)
- 6 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (for sauteeing onion)
- 1 1/2 cups paleo breadcrumbs (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup golden flaxseed meal (make sure your buying ground, not whole, flaxseeds)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix everything together and use in recipe above.
Prepping The B.D.G. Burgers:
- Begin by sautéing the onion until translucent.
- Mix together the onion with all remaining ingredients and set aside for 15-30 minutes (to allow breadcrumbs to soak up excess moisture).
- Moisten hands and roll mixture into 4 oz. balls spread evenly onto a large cookie sheet.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Once the grill has reached the desired temperature you can brush the grate with liquid coconut oil or grass-fed butter if desired.
- Next form the burgers into patties and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes (for 1/2 inch patties).
Makes 20 4 oz. burgers. Serve and enjoy!
- Each serving has 157 calories
- Fat: 9 grams
- Carbs (net): 5 grams
- Protein: 13 grams