- 1.5 cups cauliflower, riced (or riced broccoli works great too)
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour (this is to make the crust firmer, but if you are allergic to almonds, just leave this out)
- 2 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (more if you are a garlic fan)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil (for spraying over top of the crust before putting it in the oven)
- sugar-free pizza sauce (enough to cover the top to your preferred thickness, which could be .5 cup to 1 cup)
- shredded cheese (enough to cover the top to your preferred thickness, which could be .5 cup to 1.5 cups, depending on your preference)
- toppings of choice (i.e. peppers, veggies, olives, meat, etc. – pepperoni is pictured here)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9 inch non-stick pizza pan with cooking spray (coconut oil is best). Note: for a 12 inch pizza pan, just increase ingredients accordingly (i.e. 2 cups cauliflower, 2 cups mozzarella, 3 eggs, and so on).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the riced cauliflower, eggs, almond flour, mozzarella, oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt (stand mixer with the paddle attachment works best).
- Transfer to the pizza pan (or non-stick cookie sheet if you don’t have a pizza pan) and using your hands, pat out into a 9″ round. Recommended: Brush or spray coconut oil over top to help with browning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes (more or less depending on your oven), or until the center starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and add sauce, then veggies.
- Place in oven on broil at 525 degrees until veggies are roasted (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from oven, add another top layer of cheese and then meat on top of that (i.e. pepperoni, sausage, bacon, etc.).
- Place back in oven on broil until meat is cooked.
*Note: Some toppings (especially thicker meats) need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes – unless you are using thin strips of pepperoni or Canadian bacon, which should cook enough in the broiling phase.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrient Breakdown coming soon…